Friday, January 30, 2004

I was in a pub with my friend Speff today and a strange thing happened. It's the sort of thing that's always happening to me.

We were sitting there having some quality girly time together will some very un-girly chat. I'd just declared that the problem with Tony Blair is that he lives in Tonyland while the rest of us are stuck in the real world when a strange man stopped in front of our table. He stuck his hand out towards me and said a word that I didn't understand in a heavily-accented voice. I begged his pardon and he repeated himself and added that the strange word (which I wont attempt to spell) was his name. I realized that he wished to shake my hand.

So we shook hands and I told him my name. He said it was a pretty name - it's ok, but nothing special. He said that I was pretty too - I'm not. Then he went on his way, apparently happy with the conversation. I think he was Dutch but that doesn't make it any more explicable.

As I've said, this sort of thing is always happening to me. Not exactly the same but similar. Does this happen to all women or am I some sort of weirdness magnet?

No comments: