Sunday, March 26, 2006

I find it alarming that I have so little effect on people. One thing you will never, ever hear is: "I haven't seen Cujo in ages. I wonder if she's alright." or "I wonder what Cujo's up to." Obviously I don't make much of an impression on people.

No-one ever missess me. Except my kids who are too young not to miss me. I know eventually they'll reach the age when they don't miss me either.

It's not that people ignore me. When I'm actually there they show every sign of enjoying my company or at least of not minding it. But they don't really notice when I'm not there anymore. It's like they forget about me the moment I'm gone. No-one ever asks after me. If I'm ill or away for a while no-one bothers to check on me.

It makes me very sad to know that no-one's going to miss me when I'm gone.

No comments: